WHY PUBLIC THEOLOGY?
Exploring the relationship between the Church and society, the program “Public Theology” aims to reveal what it means to be a Church in the modern dynamic and pluralistic public space through the self-awareness of the Church in historical terms: from the first Christian centuries to the present, from its initial conceptualization with all subsequent historical transformations. It will also help to promote its further continuing development.
The educational program proposes to study the topics of public and political theology, which emphasize the relations between the church and society, as well as its "symphonic" relationship with the state. That is why the program has a number of disciplines that help to understand better how theology influences the life of the individual and society as the whole, and how this society influences the theology of the Church.
The program offers an extended explanation of basic theological doctrines, terms, methods, concepts, principles; it will help to establish the relationship between specific theological traditions and modern culture; it will teach to comprehend critically the basic theories, principles, methods and concepts in studying and professional activity in the field of theology.
The study of the Church as a social and political phenomenon and the review of different models of these relations in the world historical development invites to discuss their features in the Ukrainian context in order to understand the role of the church in the social and political life of Ukraine and its possibilities of realization in this complex public space.
For those who are interested in the issues of the Church in the public space, its relations with society.
The educational program "Public Theology" is not affiliated with any of the denominations and focuses on training of the professionals who could be employed in various public positions.
The Bachelor of Theology can work in relevant positions in religious organizations and educational institutions, as well as at enterprises, in mass media, organizations, institutions, establishments, associations of citizens, unions, foundations, charities and other organizations, regardless of the form of ownership and subordination, carrying out scientific research, educational, literary publishing, social and practical, expert advisory, representative and intermediary, organizational and managerial activity.
- Critical awareness of the historical, social and cultural significance of theological traditions.
- Ability to work critically with texts of Holy Scripture and theological literature.
- Critical understanding of the forms and types of interactions between theological traditions and society in historical and contemporary contexts.
- Understanding the interaction and interrelations of historical and socio-cultural contexts with theological traditions.
- Ability to understand and outline established and new theological traditions, liturgical and social practices.
- Ability to understand and to be engaged in relations between theological and religious traditions and systems.
- Ability to carry out educational, upbringing, teaching activities in educational and other institutions (organizations).
- Ability to manage complex actions or projects, to be responsible for making decisions in unpredictable conditions in the field of theology;
- Ability to be responsible for the professional development of individuals and / or groups of individuals in the field of theology;
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of how theology influences the life of the individual and society;
- Ability to further study with a high level of autonomy and etc.
DISCIPLINES OF PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Specialty 041 theology
Educational program "Public Theology"
Qualification: Bachelor of Theology
4 years - full-time
4 years – part-form
4 years - remote form
on the basis of complete general secondary education
training at the expense of individuals and legal entities (contract)