The specialty "Journalism" is the latest in the higher education system. It is a modern profession with wide employment opportunities that meets world qualification standards and innovative trends in the labor market. Journalism is not only the "fourth power", it is a thorough humanitarian training, skills of critical thinking, analysis, systematization of information and understanding of the processes of creation, dissemination of information flows. Today, when the importance of organizing competent communication with the audience and the effectiveness of advertising technologies to increase the company's profits is fully realized, graduates of "Journalism" are in demand in specialized advertising and PR agencies, government and commercial institutions, media and political structures.
Advertising and public relations are the science and art of organizing and carrying out PR activities, building trust, and promoting a product through the dissemination and exchange of information. The main task of a specialist in this field is to achieve mutual understanding between the company he works for and his clients, partners, government at all levels, journalists, the public and advertising and promotion of the product, company or person.
The Educational and Public Relations program is one of the few professions that combines creative and economic components, meets modern world qualification standards and innovative trends in the labor market, is in demand among employers.
Educational program ?
Graduates of the Journalism specialty (advertising and public relations) can hold the following positions:
- a director of an advertising agency, media holding, a head of the advertising department;
- a creative director (development of the concept of advertising);
- a public relations manager (organization and holding of special PR-events, actions, etc.);
- a press secretary;
- an advertising agent (work with clients);
- a copywriter (writing texts or slogans based on the developed strategy of advertising campaigns);
- a speechwriter and a press secretary of heads of public, political and state institutions (selection, analysis of information provided to the media);
- a head and specialist of public relations departments of authorities at all levels;
- a PR consultant in advertising and consulting agencies;
- an image maker in the fields of politics and show business;
- an art director (a project manager in show business, publishing, film, design, entertainment industry);
- a media buyer (a specialist who buys airtime on radio and television, advertising space in print and electronic media);
- a media planner (a specialist in developing media strategy for brands), etc .;
- a specialist in journalism (a correspondent, an own correspondent, a special correspondent, a commentator, a columnist in the fields of: a press journalism, a television journalism, a radio journalism, an online journalism).
Graduates of the specialty can work in:
- advertising and PR agencies;
- advertising departments in the media;
- design studios;
- publishing houses and printing houses;
- online publications;
- PR departments of any government and commercial institutions;
- press services of enterprises, firms, public organizations, government agencies, politicians and parties;
- radio studios;
- TV studios.
- Ability to solve complex specialized problems and practical problems in the field of social communications, which involves the application of the provisions and methods of social communication and other sciences and is characterized by uncertain conditions.
- Ability to apply knowledge in the field of social communications in their professional activities.
- Ability to generate information content.
- Ability to create a media product.
- Ability to organize and control team professional activities.
- The ability to effectively promote the created media product.
- Ability to conduct safe media activities.
DISCIPLINES OF PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
During their studies, students master various disciplines that will help them learn the profession and become qualified professionals.
- Practical stylistics
- Mass communication and information
- Fundamentals of journalism. Introduction to specialty
- Theory of journalism
- Advertising and public relations theory
- Ethics in professional activity
- History of journalism and social communications
- Problems of communication media and advertising
- Newspaper and magazine production
- Latest media and agency journalism
- Journalistic skills
- TV and radio production
- Basics of advertising and PR.
- Introduction to copywriting in advertising and PR
- Advertising practice
- PR practice
- Organization of press services and communication agencies
- Image Study
- Organization of an advertising campaign
- Political communications
- Psychology of professional activity
- Marketing and management in advertising
- Mass media advertising
- Advertising and PR on the Internet