WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE SOFTWARE ENGINEERING?
Software engineering is a modern specialty focused on the development of algorithmic and programming software that satisfies the requirements and wishes of the customer. Software engineers are in short supply in the labor market among other IT professionals, as the IT industry is growing rapidly, which requires constant updating of qualified personnel.
Education in the specialty 121 "Software Engineering" is implemented within the educational program "Software Development and Testing" and is based on the study of basic disciplines and professional training. Students gain mathematical knowledge, learn modern programming languages, software testing, operating systems, databases and other disciplines needed to work in the specialty.
By studying the educational program "Software Development and Testing", you will gain theoretical knowledge and practical skills in programming, including the basics of front-end and back-end development, testing, web design, software testing. Practical classes are conducted by IT specialists working in leading Ivano-Frankivsk IT companies.
Educational program ?
The future workplace of graduates can be organizations engaged in software development and maintenance, independent software testing agencies. Specialist future activities:
- creation of software in the field of Internet technologies, network and communication software;
- design interactive user interfaces;
- design and development of databases;
- software testing and quality assurance;
- projects and programs analysis, evaluation of users’ needs and problems, search of the most relevant decisions;
- custom software development, manufacturing, supplying and documentation;
- providing consultations in the field of software design and development.
- Ability to solve complex specialized problems, using theories and methods of information technology.
- Ability to think abstractly.
- Ability to apply knowledge in practical situations.
- Ability to communicate in the state language both orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate in a foreign language both orally and in writing.
- Ability to learn and master modern knowledge.
- Ability to search, process and analyze information from various sources.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to act on ethical considerations.
- Striving for life safety.
- Ability to act socially responsibly and consciously.
- Ability to exercise their rights and responsibilities as members of society, to be aware of the values of civil (free democratic) society and the need for its sustainable development, the rule of law, human and civil rights and freedoms in Ukraine.
- Ability to preserve and increase moral, cultural, scientific values and achievements of society based on understanding the subject area history, its place in the general system of knowledge and in the development of society and technology.
Professional competencies of the specialty:
- Ability to identify, classify and formulate software requirements.
- Ability to participate in software design, including modeling (formal description) of its structure, behavior and functioning processes.
- Ability to develop architectures, modules and components of software systems.
- Ability to formulate and ensure software quality requirements in accordance with customer requirements, specifications and standards.
- Ability to follow specifications, standards, rules and recommendations in the professional field.
- Ability to analyze, select and apply methods and tools to ensure information security (including cybersecurity).
- Knowledge of information data models, the ability to create software for storage, retrieval and data processing.
- Ability to apply fundamental and interdisciplinary knowledge to successfully solve software engineering problems.
- Ability to assess and take into account economic, social, technological and environmental factors that affect the sphere of professional activity.
- Ability to accumulate, process and systematize professional knowledge on software development and maintenance and to recognize the importance of lifelong learning.
- Ability to implement phases and iterations of software systems and information technology based on appropriate models and approaches to software development.
- Ability to implement system integration, apply change management standards and procedures to maintain software integrity, overall functionality, and reliability.
- Ability to reasonably select and master software development and maintenance tools.
- Ability to think algorithmically and logically.
DISCIPLINES OF PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Information and communication technologies
- Linear algebra and analytic geometry
- Mathematical analysis
- Basics of programming
- Physics (selected sections)
- Algorithms and data structures
- Software engineering
- Computer discrete mathematics
- Object-oriented programming
- Course work (Object Oriented Programming)
- Software design
- Human-machine interaction
- Documentation of software products
- Probability theory
- Algorithms and calculation methods
- Parallel and distributed calculations
- Group dynamics and communications
- Software project management
- Protection of information in computer systems
- Organization of databases
- Course work (Organization of databases)
- System programming
- Software quality and testing
- Internet application programming and web design
- Training practice (workshops on disciplines "Information and communication technologies" and "Introduction to the specialty")
- Educational practice
- Training course 1
- Training course 2
- Intellectual property for software products
- Business communications
- Methodology and tools of scientific research in innovative computer technologies
- Course work (Methodology and tools research in innovation computer technology)
- System analysis and design of system products
- Standards and tools for process quality management of software development
- Flexible software engineering processes
- Means of information protection
- Innovative entrepreneurship and startup development
- Design of user interfaces and interactions
- Software development management
- Software engineering for cross-platform and mobile systems
- Software design for specialized and embedded automated systems